I can't believe I've already finished day four! It feels like we've hardly been here.. I wish we were here a lot longer!
Well, as you could probably tell from the title, I have no photos for these days. Actually, I have one, of the mountains you could see as we drove to the location of the retreat. But I don't have time to put it up right now.
These past two days have been so wonderful and special for me. I am matched up with a family that has three kids; Gabriella, who is 6 years old, Joseph, 4, and Luke, 13 months. Joseph, as I said before, has that syndrome of which I can't exactly recall the name of. But what a cutie he is!!! He's confined to a wheelchair (it actually looks more like a stroller, as he's so little) most of the time, but I've been able to take him out a couple times and let him lie on the ground. He's very quick to smile, and I've gotten him to giggle quite a bit too. And he likes to get me to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" a lot. And I mean a lot. But I have a lot of fun with him. Gabriella and Luke just came with their mom today, but already Gabriella is clinging to me like a leech, and Luke has ready smiles!
The location is beautiful.. Oregon is such a unique place!! There's a little river running through the camp, and a pond where people were fishing and kayaking today, a swimming pool, tennis courts, playground, and of course the cabins. Which are also really nice.. big and roomy!
But days are busy, busy, busy! Taking pictures is pretty much impossible. So I'll have to see if one of my sisters will be able to take some for me...
There are so many wonderful families here, and so many precious kids. I think the fact that everyone has a special needs kid helps connect everyone in some way.. and serving all the kids here is such a fun time!
I've been able to find lots of opportunities to serve the families (although I'd like to have more!), and the Lord has really been giving me grace by keeping my knee in good shape as I follow all these speedy little kids around! And try to not run.. that's not easy...... :)
I'll ask for continued prayer that I will serve this family as much as possible, and really make their stay a special time for them. There have been a few awkward situations... though that should be over now that the whole family is there... but I could always use more of God's grace!
Well, I'm just sipping the last drops of my peppermint tea, the fire is dying down, and Allie is asleep on the couch. There is another full day coming up tomorrow... and three little kids are going to keep me busy!!
Thank you for your prayers, and although I'm having a blast here in Oregon, I miss all those Toronto people too! :)
Jun 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the posts, Chloe.
ReplyDeleteawe, chloe! so THIS is what you've been doing!
ReplyDeletesounds REALLY cool!
but you have to tell me more about it at school, 'kay?