Today was a relaxed day.. I ended sleeping most of it, as I caught a bit of a stomach bug that Will had yesterday. But his lasted only a day.. and today (because I'm writing this on thursday) I'm feeling better. Praise the Lord!
This evening we had a meeting with all the volunteers, a time to sing, talk a little about what we're doing, and then pray for the retreat. I was very blessed to see how gospel-centered this retreat is.. and instead of volunteers, we're calling ourselves "gospel workers," to remind us about what our real job is.. to share the gospel. So please pray for our family and for everyone else here that we will be quick to speak the gospel and encourage these families!
I also found out that I am going to be serving the Shirtcliff family, who have a son named Joseph with 1p36 deletion syndrome. Look that up if you want to know more.... I don't have time to explain it now! The Shirtcliffs also have two other children, Gabriella and Luke. (Joseph is the middle child). I don't know all their ages, but I do know that Luke is about a year and a half old. Also, Joseph is in a wheelchair because of his disability.
Please pray for me specifically that I would be a humble servant, quick to love and to serve as much as I possibly can in these next three days!
Mom, Allie, and Sophie are helping with the kids games.. so far we have about 30 kids coming! Oh, and there are 9 families coming to the retreat (that have kids with special needs).
Dad's responsibilities are preaching and yodeling, according to Mr Riemer.
Well, I need to go... the bus leaves at noon today! I'm so excited!
Please keep us in your prayers!
Thanks for posting, Chloe. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Love to all of you!
ReplyDeleteYou bet will be praying. Thank you for posting and for asking us to pray for you, your family and the families coming to the retreat. Chloe, you are a true example of servanthood and humility, parsing and thanking God for you!!
ReplyDelete